It’s the New Yeeeyahhhhh! Holy guacamole, can you believe it’s already 2020? A mere three months until this gal ties the knot!
In celebration of all things renewed and delicious, we’re whipping up a splendid almond butter oatmeal snack bar recipe smothered in dark chocolate to fuel you through all the hustle and bustle of January. Clearly these are no-bake because who has time to turn the oven on when there are so many goals to crush?!
I actually don’t set New Year’s resolutions. Never have! That said, I do think often about my vision for personal and professional success (which means something different to everyone) and how I can work toward getting there each and every day.
I check in with myself to confirm that my values are aligned with how I live my life, how I inspire others and the actions I take every day. I make sure to hone in on “why” just as much as “what.” I put more weight on emotional income (joy, purpose, gratitude, and fulfillment) than I do financial income.
A lot of what we see on social media this time of year is a list of accomplishments, which can rev up the dreaded “compare and despair” mindset. I know from experience!
Instead of measuring your worth in achievements, I urge you to reflect on experiences that gave you the warm and fuzzies, relationships you’ve nurtured, and things you’ve done to improve.
In case you happen to resolve to spend less money at the grocery store without sacrificing quality (always a goal of mine!), you’re in the right place. I’m so grateful and excited to be partnering with my friends at ALDI again in 2020!
I’m always super impressed by the selection of products, from organic produce and sustainable seafood to an entire line of plant-based options—all at unbeatable prices. It’s definitely easier to reconnect with your health when there are beautiful options all around!
We just got an ALDI in my hometown of Solon, OH and let me tell you…my dad is officially a convert. Let’s just say he called me more than once last week just to tell me how excited he was to find such excellent coffee for under five dollars. “My bill is half of what it used to be!” Eating fresh, high-quality foods does not have to be expensive.
So while the almond butter in these snack bars may seem like a pricer (albeit insanely tasty) ingredient, I assure you that it’s super affordable at ALDI.
The base of these seven-ingredient bars is a mix of old-fashioned oats, ground flaxseed for fiber and omega-3’s (you only absorb the nutrients if it’s ground!), pure maple syrup, and plenty of almond butter. Slightly sweet, nutty, and oh so satisfying.
Then we cover the mixture in melted dark chocolate chips plus a touch of almond butter so the chocolate doesn’t crack when you slice it.
They come together in less than 15 minutes and there’s zero baking required! Pop these bad boys in the freezer and voila, you’re a snacking professional.
You can store the bars in the refrigerator or freezer; but know that they won’t last long.
Happy New Year and even happier snacking!
Delicious and easy No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Oatmeal Bars perfect for snacking or an afternoon treat!
- 1 1/2 cups Millville Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup Simply Nature Organic Milled Flax Seed
- 1/4 tsp Stonemill Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 cup Simply Nature Organic Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup Simply Nature Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup Baker’s Corner 60% Cacao Baking Chocolate morsels
- 2 tbsp Simply Nature Organic Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Southern Grove Roasted Almonds with Sea Salt, chopped
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper going both ways.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, flax, and salt. Add almond butter and maple syrup, stirring until combined. It will be very thick!
- Spoon dough into lined baking dish and using wet hands, press mixture evenly into dish.
- Place chocolate chips and almond butter in a small bowl. Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto bars and use a rubber spatula to spread evenly. Top with crushed almonds. Place dish in freezer and freeze for about an hour, or until chocolate is hardened.
- Slice into 16 bars. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. I like them best right out of the freezer!